With the release of their first film in 2002, Blue Sky Studios quickly proved itself to be an animation studio of note. Maybe never ranking alongside Walt Disney Animation Studios or Pixar, but it would definitely be mentioned among the secondary tier of animation studios.
Unfortunately, Blue Sky Studios went defunct in April 2021 after Disney acquired 21st Century Fox. To pay tribute to them, I’ve decided to make a top 13 list ranking their (conveniently 13) films from my least favorite to my favorite!
I’ve recently posted about my top 13 favorite Nancy Drew PC games which you can check out here. Having said that, it’s only natural that I talk about the bottom of the barrel as well. Here are my top 13 LEAST favorite Nancy Drew PC games!
Keep in mind there will be mild spoilers ahead. Otherwise, enjoy!
One subject I haven’t really talked about on this channel is that of computer and video games. While I don’t consider myself a “gamer” as I don’t think I’m well-versed or well-experienced enough to do so, computer games have been a part of my life ever since I was a child. I’ve never owned a gaming console (besides a Game Boy Advance which I only had one game for), so my familiarity is strictly on the PC platform.
The genre of computer games I’ve played mostly are point-and-click games and one of my favorite series of this genre is the Nancy Drew series produced by HeR Interactive. The series comprises 33 games from 1998 to the present and provided the market with quality computer games targeted towards girls. In each game, you play as the titular detective trying to solve a mystery all the while conversing with unique characters, exploring interesting locations, and solving a plethora of puzzles.
I’ve recently marathoned all the games again and I’d like to share with you my top 13 favorite games of the series. Keep in mind there will be mild spoilers ahead. Otherwise, enjoy!
Disney+ has been trying its best to provide us with original content. One of the best offerings we’ve gotten are a collection of animated shorts in a series entitled, Short Circuit. Similar to Pixar’s Sparkshorts, these are animated shorts pitched by and worked on by employees. The first season was released in January and I decided I’d list them in order from my least favorite to favorite. Since there are 14 of them, I will do a Top 14 list rather than my usual Top 13. So sit back and enjoy!
It’s about time for another Top 13 list! In preparation for the February U.S. release of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, I decided to rewatch all of the DreamWorks Animation films. DreamWorks Animation, to me, is hit-or-miss, so sometimes it was quite a challenge watching these films. But other times, I quite enjoyed watching these films! Below, I have listed my top 13 favorite DreamWorks Animation films. A few points to keep in mind:
1) This is my personal list of which ones I liked best; it’s not necessarily which ones I think are the best made films. Also this is my list as of now; if you ask me again in the future, this list may change due to personal fluctuations.
2) For personal religious reasons, I haven’t seen The Prince of Egypt nor do I choose to. So don’t be surprised when you see it missing from this list! I’m sure it’s a wonderful film, but I choose not to watch it.
3) I also haven’t seen Joseph: King of Dreams both for personal religious reasons as stated above as well as because it’s a direct-to-video film and I don’t want to compare it alongside the theatrical films.
Now that that’s taken care of, here are my top 13! Hope you enjoy!
Wow, I haven’t done a Top 13 list since 2013! Well, it’s about time that I rectify that! Today, we’ll be looking at the top 13 animated television shows that I grew up with. Animated films have been a part of many of our childhoods, but animated television shows have also been there for us as well. That’s why I decided to make this list as I haven’t really talked much about animated TV shows on this blog yet.
FYI, my list may differ from many people’s list as I didn’t have cable growing up, so I didn’t grow up with many classic animated shows such as those from the Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, or Nickelodeon. Before I continue, let me make a couple of points:
1) The phrase, “grew up with”, is one that can have different meanings to different people. I’m defining it to refer to “TV shows that I was watching by the time I turned 13 years old”. So animated TV shows that I watched, but debuted after I turned 13, will NOT appear on this list. Neither will animated shows that debuted before I turned 13, but I didn’t start watching them until after I turned 13. In essence, this means that this is not a list of my favorite animated TV shows of all time, rather just a list of the ones I grew up watching.
2) How are these ranked? Well, I’ve ranked them via an average of how often I used to watch the show, how much I liked the show, and how much it impacted me. So it’s not primarily just in order of my favorites, but it takes those 3 qualifiers into consideration.
3) One show that I grew up with and was one of my favorites was Thomas the Tank Engine. The reason that it’s not on this list is that I’m not sure whether it would fall under the definition of “animation” or not. I know that now the show has a lot of animation in it, but when I used to watch it, it was mostly just live model trains with some eye movements here and there. Because of that, I don’t know whether this would be considered some non-traditional form of animation or just be live-action. So to keep things simple, it’s not on my list.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at my list! Why top 13? Well, why not?
Well, it’s time for yet ANOTHER “Top 13” list! Do celebrate!
Party pooper! Anyway, seeing as I did a “My Top 13 Animated Movies That I Don’t Like, But Everyone Else Does” list, it only makes sense to do a “My Top 13 Animated Movies That I Like, But Everyone Else Doesn’t” list!
Again, the ideas for these lists comes from Internet celebrity, Doug Walker, of “The Nostalgia Critic” fame!
I know you’re excited to start reading, but like always, I have to give you a few cautionary notices first:
1) I find myself constantly going back and forth between favorites in lists. I may look back at this list in the future and wonder why my #5 was not in the #10 spot, or why my #12 was not in the #2 spot, or why my #3 was even on the list to begin with! But as of May 2013, this is my list!
2) When I say that these are films that I like, but everyone else doesn’t; who exactly are “everyone else”? Am I referring to the general public or to the critics or both? Well, in the last “Top 13” list, I took “everyone else” to mean both the general public AND the critics!
In this list however, I’m more inclined to say that “everyone else” may refer to both parties as well, but MORE towards the critics! The reason I say this is that I believe public opinion is so varied, that even a bad film can have a huge fan following! And I’m sure some of you will actually like some of the films that I’m about to list! But, these are all films that the critics are not happy about and a good chunk of the general public think are bad; and that’s the main reason why I say that “everyone else” doesn’t like these films!
3) How exactly am I ranking these movies? I’m ranking them purely on how much I like them and/or would want to re-watch. Films in the top 5 are movies that I love more and want to re-watch more than films in the 13th and 12th spots, for example!
Well, that’s about all I have to say before we venture into this “Top 13” list!
I really enjoy making these, although they take forever to make; but the best things in life require the most effort!
What’s the topic of today’s list? Well, you know how we all have that one movie or movies that everyone seems to love, like, or at least enjoy; but we just don’t like? Well, that’s the topic of this list!
Inspired by Doug Walker of “The Nostalgia Critic” fame,
this is “My Top 13 Animated Movies That I Don’t Like, But Everyone Else Does”!
I find it an interesting subject and should lead to a fun list! But, a few cautions before we proceed:
1) I find myself switching back and forth between opinions as much as one changes clothes. So this is my list as of late February 2013. I’m sure I’ll look back at this list in a few months and wonder why my #8 wasn’t #4 or my #2 wasn’t #10 or something like that! So just keep that in mind!
2) What do I mean when I say that everyone else loves these movies? Am I referring to what critics think of the films? Or am I referring to what the average moviegoer thinks of the film? Well, I kinda take both into consideration. These are all films that critics have generally given positive reviews for and the vast majority of audiences have displayed their liking for.
and 3) Are these listed by how much I hate them? Not really! I don’t think I really HATE any of these movies, but many of them I do feel a certain level of dislike for! But, the main factor in ranking these movies is the question, “How soon would I re-watch this film?”. So basically movies near the bottom of the list I would more soon re-watch as opposed to movies near the top of the list.
With that out of the way, I hope you enjoy this “Top 13” list! Why top 13? Because I’m not superstitious!
Well, due to the popularity of my last “Top 13” list, I decided to make another one! And today’s post takes a dive into an aspect of Disney’s animated films that is loved by everyone: its songs!
The vast majority of the Disney Canon films are musicals, or at least feature a song or two. And the magic of Disney along with the magic of many of Disney’s songwriters including the Sherman Brothers,
Alan Menken and Howard Ashman,
and many others whose names are relatively unknown to the majority of the world, make these songs enjoyable, cherished, and memorable to us all!
So the question is, “Which of the songs are my favorites?”. To find that out, I went through all the songs of the Disney Canon films and picked out the ones that I really loved…all 40 of them!
Yeah, then came the nigh impossible challenge of shortening that “shortlist” to 13! (This was soooo much harder than figuring out my top 13 favorite animated Disney canon films)! So if you don’t see your favorite Disney song on here, don’t be mad! It most likely was in my shortlist to begin with and didn’t make my top 13!
Well folks, it’s about time that I open up my latest section of this blog: my “Top 13” Lists! Face it, we all love lists and love reading other people’s opinions, and I’m no exception. So I thought to myself that I should start making a few lists and hopefully some people would be interested in reading them!
So I went ahead and decided my first list to be, “My Top 13 Favorite Animated Disney (Canon) Films”! It seemed an appropriate list to start with seeing as I’m already doing a project involving the Disney Canon. Maybe some of you were curious as to which films are my personal favorite?
After looking through the list of the Disney Canon films and after much painstaking editing and re-arranging (I never realized how hard ranking things can be! To those of you who make lists often, I tip my hat to you!),
I’m ready to share the results with you all!
Note: I personally find one’s favorites and preferences can vary over time, minutely, if not majorly! So keep in mind that as of January 2013, this is my list! Maybe when I look back at this list in the future, I’ll wonder why my #6 film was not #12? Or why my #10 film was not my #3? Or why my #7 film was even on the list to begin with?
Also, I have not seen “Wreck-It Ralph” yet, but I have seen all the other films in the Disney Canon! Hopefully, I don’t love “Wreck-It Ralph” so much that it affects my top 13! Oh, you’re probably wondering to yourself, “Why top 13?” Well, it’s because I’m not superstitious!