In super sad news, animator and film director, Kelly Asbury, has passed away at the age of 60 due to cancer. Mr. Asbury (1960-2020) was most famous for directing/co-directing Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, Shrek 2, Gnomeo & Juliet, Smurfs: The Lost Village, and Uglydolls.
My condolences go out to his family and friends. He shall be missed!
It’s about time for another Top 13 list! In preparation for the February U.S. release of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, I decided to rewatch all of the DreamWorks Animation films. DreamWorks Animation, to me, is hit-or-miss, so sometimes it was quite a challenge watching these films. But other times, I quite enjoyed watching these films! Below, I have listed my top 13 favorite DreamWorks Animation films. A few points to keep in mind:
1) This is my personal list of which ones I liked best; it’s not necessarily which ones I think are the best made films. Also this is my list as of now; if you ask me again in the future, this list may change due to personal fluctuations.
2) For personal religious reasons, I haven’t seen The Prince of Egypt nor do I choose to. So don’t be surprised when you see it missing from this list! I’m sure it’s a wonderful film, but I choose not to watch it.
3) I also haven’t seen Joseph: King of Dreams both for personal religious reasons as stated above as well as because it’s a direct-to-video film and I don’t want to compare it alongside the theatrical films.
Now that that’s taken care of, here are my top 13! Hope you enjoy!
I really enjoy making these, although they take forever to make; but the best things in life require the most effort!
What’s the topic of today’s list? Well, you know how we all have that one movie or movies that everyone seems to love, like, or at least enjoy; but we just don’t like? Well, that’s the topic of this list!
Inspired by Doug Walker of “The Nostalgia Critic” fame,
this is “My Top 13 Animated Movies That I Don’t Like, But Everyone Else Does”!
I find it an interesting subject and should lead to a fun list! But, a few cautions before we proceed:
1) I find myself switching back and forth between opinions as much as one changes clothes. So this is my list as of late February 2013. I’m sure I’ll look back at this list in a few months and wonder why my #8 wasn’t #4 or my #2 wasn’t #10 or something like that! So just keep that in mind!
2) What do I mean when I say that everyone else loves these movies? Am I referring to what critics think of the films? Or am I referring to what the average moviegoer thinks of the film? Well, I kinda take both into consideration. These are all films that critics have generally given positive reviews for and the vast majority of audiences have displayed their liking for.
and 3) Are these listed by how much I hate them? Not really! I don’t think I really HATE any of these movies, but many of them I do feel a certain level of dislike for! But, the main factor in ranking these movies is the question, “How soon would I re-watch this film?”. So basically movies near the bottom of the list I would more soon re-watch as opposed to movies near the top of the list.
With that out of the way, I hope you enjoy this “Top 13” list! Why top 13? Because I’m not superstitious!