Well, readers, I’ve updated the indexes at the top of the page. There now exists a page where all my “Top 13” lists are alphabetically indexed, as well as a page linking to my other blog, “My Live Action Disney Project”. Enjoy!
Well, it’s time for yet ANOTHER “Top 13” list! Do celebrate!
Party pooper! Anyway, seeing as I did a “My Top 13 Animated Movies That I Don’t Like, But Everyone Else Does” list, it only makes sense to do a “My Top 13 Animated Movies That I Like, But Everyone Else Doesn’t” list!
Again, the ideas for these lists comes from Internet celebrity, Doug Walker, of “The Nostalgia Critic” fame!
I know you’re excited to start reading, but like always, I have to give you a few cautionary notices first:
1) I find myself constantly going back and forth between favorites in lists. I may look back at this list in the future and wonder why my #5 was not in the #10 spot, or why my #12 was not in the #2 spot, or why my #3 was even on the list to begin with! But as of May 2013, this is my list!
2) When I say that these are films that I like, but everyone else doesn’t; who exactly are “everyone else”? Am I referring to the general public or to the critics or both? Well, in the last “Top 13” list, I took “everyone else” to mean both the general public AND the critics!
In this list however, I’m more inclined to say that “everyone else” may refer to both parties as well, but MORE towards the critics! The reason I say this is that I believe public opinion is so varied, that even a bad film can have a huge fan following! And I’m sure some of you will actually like some of the films that I’m about to list! But, these are all films that the critics are not happy about and a good chunk of the general public think are bad; and that’s the main reason why I say that “everyone else” doesn’t like these films!
3) How exactly am I ranking these movies? I’m ranking them purely on how much I like them and/or would want to re-watch. Films in the top 5 are movies that I love more and want to re-watch more than films in the 13th and 12th spots, for example!
Well, that’s about all I have to say before we venture into this “Top 13” list!
Why top 13? Because I’m not superstitious!
It’s that time again: “Top 13 Lists” time!
I really enjoy making these, although they take forever to make; but the best things in life require the most effort!
What’s the topic of today’s list? Well, you know how we all have that one movie or movies that everyone seems to love, like, or at least enjoy; but we just don’t like? Well, that’s the topic of this list!
Inspired by Doug Walker of “The Nostalgia Critic” fame,
this is “My Top 13 Animated Movies That I Don’t Like, But Everyone Else Does”!
I find it an interesting subject and should lead to a fun list! But, a few cautions before we proceed:
1) I find myself switching back and forth between opinions as much as one changes clothes. So this is my list as of late February 2013. I’m sure I’ll look back at this list in a few months and wonder why my #8 wasn’t #4 or my #2 wasn’t #10 or something like that! So just keep that in mind!
2) What do I mean when I say that everyone else loves these movies? Am I referring to what critics think of the films? Or am I referring to what the average moviegoer thinks of the film? Well, I kinda take both into consideration. These are all films that critics have generally given positive reviews for and the vast majority of audiences have displayed their liking for.
and 3) Are these listed by how much I hate them? Not really! I don’t think I really HATE any of these movies, but many of them I do feel a certain level of dislike for! But, the main factor in ranking these movies is the question, “How soon would I re-watch this film?”. So basically movies near the bottom of the list I would more soon re-watch as opposed to movies near the top of the list.
With that out of the way, I hope you enjoy this “Top 13” list! Why top 13? Because I’m not superstitious!
Well, due to the popularity of my last “Top 13” list, I decided to make another one! And today’s post takes a dive into an aspect of Disney’s animated films that is loved by everyone: its songs!
The vast majority of the Disney Canon films are musicals, or at least feature a song or two. And the magic of Disney along with the magic of many of Disney’s songwriters including the Sherman Brothers,
Alan Menken and Howard Ashman,
and many others whose names are relatively unknown to the majority of the world, make these songs enjoyable, cherished, and memorable to us all!
So the question is, “Which of the songs are my favorites?”. To find that out, I went through all the songs of the Disney Canon films and picked out the ones that I really loved…all 40 of them!
Yeah, then came the nigh impossible challenge of shortening that “shortlist” to 13! (This was soooo much harder than figuring out my top 13 favorite animated Disney canon films)! So if you don’t see your favorite Disney song on here, don’t be mad! It most likely was in my shortlist to begin with and didn’t make my top 13!
Oh, why top 13? Because I’m not superstitious!
Note: I personally believe that one’s favorites can change over time, so this is my list as of February 2013. With that said, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! Continue reading “My Top 13 Favorite Animated Disney (Canon) Songs!”
Well folks, it’s about time that I open up my latest section of this blog: my “Top 13” Lists! Face it, we all love lists and love reading other people’s opinions, and I’m no exception. So I thought to myself that I should start making a few lists and hopefully some people would be interested in reading them!
So I went ahead and decided my first list to be, “My Top 13 Favorite Animated Disney (Canon) Films”! It seemed an appropriate list to start with seeing as I’m already doing a project involving the Disney Canon. Maybe some of you were curious as to which films are my personal favorite?
After looking through the list of the Disney Canon films and after much painstaking editing and re-arranging (I never realized how hard ranking things can be! To those of you who make lists often, I tip my hat to you!),
I’m ready to share the results with you all!
Note: I personally find one’s favorites and preferences can vary over time, minutely, if not majorly! So keep in mind that as of January 2013, this is my list! Maybe when I look back at this list in the future, I’ll wonder why my #6 film was not #12? Or why my #10 film was not my #3? Or why my #7 film was even on the list to begin with?
Also, I have not seen “Wreck-It Ralph” yet, but I have seen all the other films in the Disney Canon! Hopefully, I don’t love “Wreck-It Ralph” so much that it affects my top 13! Oh, you’re probably wondering to yourself, “Why top 13?” Well, it’s because I’m not superstitious!
With that said, sit back and enjoy my top 13 favorite animated Disney (Canon) films! Continue reading “My Top 13 Favorite Animated Disney (Canon) Films!”