In sad news, famous animator and voice actor, Bud Luckey, has passed away at the age of 83. Mr. Luckey (1934-2018) was probably best known for his work at Pixar working as a character designer for many films including Toy Story, Monsters, Inc., Cars, and The Incredibles. He even directed, wrote, composed, and performed the 2004 Pixar short, Boundin’.
His voicework includes the roles of Rick Dicker in The Incredibles,
Chuckles the Clown in Toy Story 3,
and Eeyore in the 2011 Disney film, Winnie the Pooh.
He also worked on many animated segments for Sesame Street including my personal favorite, The Alligator King.
As everyone knows, Disney has recently been involved in a policy where they are making live-action remakes of their animated films. They’ve released Alice in Wonderland, Maleficent, and Cinderella. Each of them have been HUGE financial successes!
Now, there are 8 more live-action remakes in the production: Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass, The Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, Mulan, Cruella, and Pinocchio.
I, for one, am so sick and tired of this trend! I really disliked Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent! (I haven’t seen Cinderella yet.) And I think Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh are just stupid and/or bizarre ideas to make into live-action remakes!
I personally just want Disney to leave their animated classics alone and work on more original ideas. But, I’d like to know what you all think. So please tell me in the comments how you feel about this recent Disney trend.
I REALLY REALLY was not looking forward to re-watching “Winnie the Pooh” for two reasons! The first reason was, as I’ve talked about in other posts, I REALLY don’t like this movie! And the second reason was that I had so much trouble picking a forgotten/minor character for “The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh”, and now I’d have to go through all that trouble again. I mean, who’s forgotten/minor in the “Winnie the Pooh” franchise?! UGH!!! Moving on… Continue reading “Disney Canon-Forgotten/Minor Characters #51: The Backson”
We’ve FINALLY gotten a full-length theatrical trailer for Disney’s upcoming animated film to be added to their canon, “Frozen”. Yes, we had a teaser trailer before, but it didn’t show anything about the plot. So what do you all think about the trailer? And what do you think about the movie now that you’ve seen the trailer?
Personally, I’m not extremely impressed. It seems that much of the film is focusing on the journey taken by the characters Anna and Kristoff more than the actual plot and goings-on in the film. Then again, that’s just how it SEEMS to me.
I also am not sure what to think of Kristen Bell’s voice acting as Anna. And I’m really disappointed that we couldn’t hear Idina Menzel’s voice nor hear her sing one of the many songs in the trailer.
All in all, I’m skeptical about whether this film will be a hit or not. Nevertheless, I will DEFINITELY try to see it!
Note to self: Use Olaf’s “Worth Melting For” line on future wife; maybe she’ll like it.
Well, it’s time for yet ANOTHER “Top 13” list! Do celebrate!
Party pooper! Anyway, seeing as I did a “My Top 13 Animated Movies That I Don’t Like, But Everyone Else Does” list, it only makes sense to do a “My Top 13 Animated Movies That I Like, But Everyone Else Doesn’t” list!
Again, the ideas for these lists comes from Internet celebrity, Doug Walker, of “The Nostalgia Critic” fame!
I know you’re excited to start reading, but like always, I have to give you a few cautionary notices first:
1) I find myself constantly going back and forth between favorites in lists. I may look back at this list in the future and wonder why my #5 was not in the #10 spot, or why my #12 was not in the #2 spot, or why my #3 was even on the list to begin with! But as of May 2013, this is my list!
2) When I say that these are films that I like, but everyone else doesn’t; who exactly are “everyone else”? Am I referring to the general public or to the critics or both? Well, in the last “Top 13” list, I took “everyone else” to mean both the general public AND the critics!
In this list however, I’m more inclined to say that “everyone else” may refer to both parties as well, but MORE towards the critics! The reason I say this is that I believe public opinion is so varied, that even a bad film can have a huge fan following! And I’m sure some of you will actually like some of the films that I’m about to list! But, these are all films that the critics are not happy about and a good chunk of the general public think are bad; and that’s the main reason why I say that “everyone else” doesn’t like these films!
3) How exactly am I ranking these movies? I’m ranking them purely on how much I like them and/or would want to re-watch. Films in the top 5 are movies that I love more and want to re-watch more than films in the 13th and 12th spots, for example!
Well, that’s about all I have to say before we venture into this “Top 13” list!
I really enjoy making these, although they take forever to make; but the best things in life require the most effort!
What’s the topic of today’s list? Well, you know how we all have that one movie or movies that everyone seems to love, like, or at least enjoy; but we just don’t like? Well, that’s the topic of this list!
Inspired by Doug Walker of “The Nostalgia Critic” fame,
this is “My Top 13 Animated Movies That I Don’t Like, But Everyone Else Does”!
I find it an interesting subject and should lead to a fun list! But, a few cautions before we proceed:
1) I find myself switching back and forth between opinions as much as one changes clothes. So this is my list as of late February 2013. I’m sure I’ll look back at this list in a few months and wonder why my #8 wasn’t #4 or my #2 wasn’t #10 or something like that! So just keep that in mind!
2) What do I mean when I say that everyone else loves these movies? Am I referring to what critics think of the films? Or am I referring to what the average moviegoer thinks of the film? Well, I kinda take both into consideration. These are all films that critics have generally given positive reviews for and the vast majority of audiences have displayed their liking for.
and 3) Are these listed by how much I hate them? Not really! I don’t think I really HATE any of these movies, but many of them I do feel a certain level of dislike for! But, the main factor in ranking these movies is the question, “How soon would I re-watch this film?”. So basically movies near the bottom of the list I would more soon re-watch as opposed to movies near the top of the list.
With that out of the way, I hope you enjoy this “Top 13” list! Why top 13? Because I’m not superstitious!
I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I know I’m going obscure again!
But come on, who the heck is forgotten or minor from the “Winnie the Pooh” franchise?! Everybody all over the world knows about Winnie the Pooh and his friends. All kids know about them! All adults know about them! Heck, I’m sure extraterrestrials know about them!